Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Life as a client....

So, dream-come-true, I feel like I am in a great spot (coaching) and truth be told, I couldn't be happier. I get to do Oline & Secondary this year.

Even after I spent the last two-odd years studying Air Raid with whatever bootleg material and game film I could get my hands on, I'm experiencing life as a "System Client".

While I know there are many in the profession that don't "get it" and cannot fathom signing on to such an exclusive package, I think it certainly is the way to go. The amount of detail and material provided to fully immerse yourself in the system and come away with a bullet-proof solution to moving the chains and organizing practices. The System conference calls are a wealth of information and serve as a unending, year-long clinic every week. I don't believe there is a better bargain, for your money, out there.

Now, I'm sure there will be plenty of kinks to work out as we make our way through Spring Ball and adjusting in the Fall. I'm sure we'll have our growing pains at every position, but there should be some pretty immediate feedback and solutions available.

I'll update from time to time, and share what I can (thoughts). I put together a video playbook (NCAA/NFL cuts) of the coverages we will run (NO COVER 6!!! lol) for the players - 12 minutes for each example, that they can take home and get a feel for how to play routes, fill support, and how it all ties the rest of the defense together.

I'll be posting each coverage vid soon and hope to share vid of practices as it develops.

No comments:

SIDEBAR